After losing both their home and livelihood in one horrific fire, life was finally beginning to get back to normal for Hannah and her family in 2012. That is until Hannah started getting sick.
After many doctor visits and many misdiagnosis, the family was left feeling confused and frustrated. Concern multiplied when Hannah's stomach began to grow. Various diagnosis, such as bad posture and constipation, proved to not be the answer and frustration began to set in for her family.
The real nightmare began when when Hannah stopped breathing. Hannah was rushed to Victoria General Hospital where a suspected tumor was found in her abdomen. Forty-five minutes later, Hannah and her mother, Brooke, were rushed by air ambulance to BC Children's Hospital in Vancouver.